Whether you’re starting or have been in the game for a long time, it doesn’t matter, a little financial support on the way will help you a lot in the long run. Using the PayPal donation button on your WordPress website is the easiest and most efficient way to collect donations.
The first thing you need to do before you start is to create a PayPal account.
There are tons of plugins out there, but Johan Steens ‘ PayPal Donations plugin must be the most common and simplest. At the time of writing this article, the plugin has a 5-star rating with over 50,000 active installations.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Now, head over to Plugins -> Add New and search for PayPal Donations Plugin. Install and activate the one which we have mentioned earlier.
- Go to Settings -> PayPal Donations to set up the plugin.
- Fill in your PayPal Account E-mail under the General tab. If needed, here you can alter the currency, customize page style, or add a redirect URL.
- Do not forget to save the settings after making all the necessary changes.
Now there are several methods to use the above WordPress plugin to implement the donation button.
1. Adding Donation Button Via Widget
One of the simplest and most common ways to add the donation button is to use the WordPress widgets option.
- Head over to your WordPress admin dashboard panel navigate to Appearance –> Widget.
- Select and drag the PayPal Donations widget to Primary Sidebar/Secondary Sidebar/Footer.
- Add text, headings, or purpose to customize the appearance a little bit. You can leave the option blank if you don’t want to customize it.
You should now be able to see on your website the PayPal donation button. If not, ensure that every step is checked properly.
2. Add Donation Button Via Shortcode
Insert the button in your pages or posts with this shortcode
And this is how we can create a PayPal Donate button! on WordPress, We hope that this article has helped you add a WordPress donation button to PayPal.