In this tutorial, you will learn how to install the (Click to Deploy) version of WordPress on Google Cloud Platform. One of the most sophisticated, reliable and fastest cloud infrastructure enabling you to use the same software and hardware infrastructure that Google uses for its own products, like YouTube and Gmail.
Prerequisite: If you don’t already have a billing account set up with Google Cloud Console, you’ll have to do that before you get started.
Let’s get started!
1. Finding the Way
Log in to your Google Cloud dashboard and click on the Marketplace link in the left-hand menu.
Now is the time to deploy the installation of WordPress! Search and select WordPress (Google Click to Deploy).
In the resulting screen, click on “Click the “Launch on Compute Engine” link to open the configuration page.
2. Fill Out a Deployment Form
You’ll need to fill out the fields in order to complete the WordPress deployment:
- Enter a unique name for the deployment in alphanumeric characters.
- Select the CPU, RAM and disk type appropriate to your requirements.
- Select storage capacity considering your data storage requirements.
- Enter your email address in this field.
- Checked on Install phpMyAdmin.
- Make sure to check the boxes to allow HTTP and HTTPS traffic.
Click on the Deploy WordPress button to begin the installation.
3. Obtain WordPress credentials
It will take a few seconds, and you will be returned to the prompt with WordPress login credential. Make sure you keep a record of the WordPress administrator username and password.
To visit your installation, Click on IP address link next to the Site address. To log in to your WordPress dashboard, click on the link with /wp-admin at the end of your website’s IP address.
4. Log in and Start Using WordPress
You should now arrive at the WordPress dashboard, which allows you to manage posts, pages, and comments and much more.
That’s it! You’ve just learned how to install WordPress on Google Cloud! 🍾🎊