Welcome to Beginners Guide to Codeigniter. This tutorial series will take you from the very beginning of an idea into a real deployable CodeIginator application.
In this article, you’ll learn what is Codeignitor? and the characteristics behind its popularity.
What is CodeIgniter?
Since PHP has increased its grip in the programming world, numerous frameworks have entered the market with their own tools and functions, and the aim is clear: better and faster completion of small or large web development projects.
Released on February 28, 2006. CodeIgnitor is an important part of a new generation of web-frameworks. It is an open-source framework that follows the trend of the MVC architecture to give you a way that is much faster and easier than you could to create a project.
Some of the key features of CodeIgniter are listed below.:
- Model-View-Controller Based System
- Extremely Light Weight
- Comprehensive database classes with support for multiple platforms.
- Form and Data Validation
- Session Management
- Data Encryption
- Search-engine Friendly URLs
- URI Routing and more.
- CodeIgniter is a PHP framework for fast application development.
- The CodeIgniter framework can be installed on almost any server with PHP installed.
- The framework utilizes the architectural design of the Model View Controller
- CodeIgniter can be easily mastered by anyone who already knows PHP.
What’s Next! : How to Install CodeIgnitor?